Sunday, January 1, 2012

Facing fear head on..

Facing fear is something that is difficult for many.. There are many forms of fear, from the smallest things such as spiders, all the way up to paranoia of facing life and leaving the house..
I've found myself operating in fear for many years. The past twelve years have been the most difficult. I can't pinpoint when it began or what even started it. I do know this though, It can cripple a person. It can make you so fearful that you will reject every opportunity of loving someone.
I have had several women in my life in the past who have wanted nothing more than to give love and in return, be loved by me. And then me, being my usual untrusting self, either found a way to sabotage the relationship or just walk away. That isn't being smart, or even being a player. That's called being a little boy. Being a coward!
This New Year, I choose this: not to be selfish, put others needs before mine, and finally begin to trust. Many have trusted me at face value, and it's time to return the same. I know im going to have my heart broken and my feelings hurt from time to time, but that's just part of it..
I do have a lot of love to give. Love is made to be shared, not hoarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment