Sunday, September 18, 2011

Knowing When To Quit..

Someone once said that mistakes are lessons that you learn. It's hard to grasp that concept, but for the first time I truly have.

I have discovered that a friendship that blossoms into a relationship has many pitfalls. There's jealousy, envy, worry just to name a few. Plus, there is the fear of telling a friend exactly what they need to hear. In a friendship, a good friend will tell you what you want to hear and what you don't want to hear. In a relationship, that is hard when you have feelings for the other person.

Ive learned an important lesson. I can't do that right now. Not to say there arent any feelings for her anymore, because there are. But the friendship needs to be preserved, because she (who shall remain nameless for her privacy;) is probably one of the smartest, sweetest, most beautiful people Ive ever met. I cant expect things to be perfect all of the time, and neither can she. Thankfully we both realize this and we both can learn from it and move on.

Not to say it doesn't hurt.. It does. But, as an adult, I realize that things will be better and we will remain friends. I wish I had this wisdom earlier in my life, but like everything else these things take time. Growth takes time..
Andy

1 comment: